I need a Schengen Visa to go and buy a property. What is it and where can I apply for it?

The Schengen Visa is a residence permit which allows you to travel to and within the Schengen countries. The Schengen area consists of 26 European countries that have decided to eliminate passport and immigration controls at their borders.

Schengen Visas entitle to stay in the Schengen States for 90 days . A Schengen Visa is valid for Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta , Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia , Spain , Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Hungary . Having a Schengen Visa does not mean that you are entitled to enter. The final control is carried out before you enter into the Schengen area. That’s why it is possible that you will be asked further documents beside your passport with the valid visa upon your arrival.

Where do I get a Schengen Visa?

You have to ask for your Schengen Visa to the consulate or embassy of the country where you will be entering or residing during your trip.

You can obtain additional information at http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *